The eighth episode of our new podcast series Live from the Space Shed is now live! Please subscribe at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Play or wherever you get your podcasts, rate (FIVE STARS, obvs) and spread the word!
For this episode we were in The Faraway Forest at Latitude Festival with Dr Alice Bell – a climate activist and historian and the co-director of climate charity 10:10 (recently rebranded as Possible)
In this episode Alice and Jon chat about:
• the best words to describe the climate crisis/breakdown/emergency
• why keeping global heating to 1.5degrees is so important
• why it’s good to talk about how scary this all is
• what we can all do to combat climate change
• why individual (as well as collective) action is useful
and answers questions including:
• do we have to STOP flying entirely?
• will it get so hot in the UK that we will have to close schools?
• how can we reduce food waste?
• what is the most important thing that we should all do?
• is it true that LED lights are bad for you?
• is it bad for wildlife if we build solar and wind farms in fields?
• should we do meat free Mondays?
• should we eat the rich?
Full transcript here
Alice also came back later that day to DJ a ‘climate inspired’ set. Spotify playlist here: songs for a changing climate – Space Shed edit (67 minutes) and the 200 minute ‘long train journey edit’ is here
Alice on Twitter @alicebell