The fourth episode of our new podcast series Live from the Space Shed is now live! Please subscribe at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Play or wherever you get your podcasts, rate (FIVE STARS, obvs) and spread the word!
Coming to you again from the Faraway Forest at Latitude Festival, this time with space engineer Abbie Hutty. For the last seven years she has been working as the lead structures engineer on the European Space Agency’s ExoMars rover that is scheduled for launch to the red planet in 2020. Also, Jon makes an utter hash of trying to launch the Space Shed. Bear with him!
In this episode Abbie and UNSA’s Director of Human Spaceflight Jon Spooner talk about
• How she became a space engineer
• Why she’s building a rover to go to Mars
• Why she’s confident about finding new life forms on Mars
and answers questions on
• what sort of life she’s expecting to find there
• What her favourite planet is and why
• what inspired her to work in the space industry
• how she responds to people who believe the Earth is flat
Full transcript here